Saturday, December 31, 2011

Write!

Writing is a powerful thing...
One can express many different feelings, thoughts, and opinions more freely than one who tries to speak them out loud. I think the reason for this is because something like 75% of communication is body language, 15% in tonal, and a measly 5% is actually verbal. When body language and tone is eliminated, I think it becomes easier to express oneself because it is only the raw expression of feelings/opinions/thoughts through one form of communication, so things don't get "lost in translation" so easily. I believe that, for introverts and extroverts alike, writing can be a fantastic way of releasing feelings/thoughts/opinions in a way that they would otherwise be unable to express them. For different people, different forms of writing would work best. For me, creative writing, poems (though not as often), songs, spoken word, and other forms of writing that tend to be figurative are the easiest way for me to express myself. I find that some people will lean way more toward writing poems as a way of expression than creative writing, or song writing. Some people also enjoy journaling; this is an expression that I find extremely unappealing and do very badly at maintaining. In general, journaling seems to be a pastime that extroverts tend to be more efficient at. I believe that writing is a God-given gift that is extremely beneficial to us. I really do encourage anyone who has an urge to write, but feels that they are not good enough at it, to do it anyway. You don't have to show anyone, or you can if you so desire, but if you feel a need to write, WRITE. Even if you do feel like you're good at writing, but something is holding you back, WRITE. WRITE, WRITE, WRITE. It's good for you, now go do it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment