Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Open Door (Inspired by Revelation 4)

Come up, come up, ‘tis an open door
I’ll do what He says, I shall not implore
For once I take His offered hand
Enter, I shall, to a foreign land
To see before me men clad in white
On their heads crowns quite a sight
But then a marvelous thing did occur
They threw down their crowns at the feet of Abir (a name of God meaning the Mighty One)


I saw them humbly knelt 
Their faces to the floor
I knew not with which they felt
That they need nothing more
Another sight I beheld
Four creatures before Him
Forever in the meld


One was like the ox of the field
The angels’ sword they did not wield
Another like the majestic bird
They did not speak but a word
The third was like a human being
They had eyes all around, gleaming
The fourth was like the lion great
These amazing things God did create

No comments:

Post a Comment