Thursday, August 9, 2012

Recent Happenings

Well, I haven't written a blog in quite a while...
After I went to Ireland and blogging SO. MUCH. I kinda got blogged-out. Sorry about that, folks. Anyways, I will pick up blogging again, as I know my supporters and friends will be wanting to know the goings-ons of my life.
Right now, I'm almost at the end of summer vacation and will be starting my Senior year of high school at the end of the month. I am so excited for this school year because 1) It's my last year of school!! and 2) I don't only have summer vacation to look forward to... but the END OF HIGH SCHOOL!! And then, my DTS! If you haven't read my past blogs and you don't know what a DTS is, I shall inform you. A DTS is a 6 month Discipleship Training School run by Youth With a Mission (YWAM). Approximately, the first 3 months of the school is called the Lecture Phase, where we learn about deepening our relationship with God, and missions. The next 3 months (approx.) is called the Outreach Phase. This part of the school takes place in the country of the DTS and/or abroad. There are about 200 YWAM bases all around the world, and most offer a DTS. My heart has been, and always will be for Ireland. I am going to be doing my DTS in Rostrevor, Northern Ireland in Fall 2013. As you can read in past blogs, I went to the YWAM Base in Ireland for 2 days and had an AMAZING time. I absolutely loved everyone I met there, missionaries and locals. Anyways, this summer has been absolutely amazing! It's the first relatively empty summer I've had in the past 2 years, and I've had a bunch of fun adventures with my family. I've also had a bunch of things happen that have either never happened and/or haven't happened in a long time. I was here for the 4th of July for the first time in 2 years, I went camping for the first time in 4 years, and I was Staff for our Captivated Internship for the first time! There are a few other things that I can't think of at the moment. The past two years I've had barely any summer because I've been on missions trips and my summers had just been packed in general. This year, I did not end up going to London, as I thought I was going to, so I had a lot of free time. It was God's plan that I didn't go, but it has still been hard (especially when I watched the Olympics opening ceremonies).
This summer has been great and I'm really looking forward to this new chapter in my life after I graduate. I'm going to be starting to raise support for my DTS in January (hopefully I'll have the exact date for that by then). I am going to need to raise $10,000 (including school fee, airfare [to an from outreach locations, as well], and extra expenses) for my  DTS, so please (even though this is unofficial) pray about supporting me in January. There are also upcoming ministry opportunities coming up in October that I will be updating you guys about soon! Love you all!! :)



















No comments:

Post a Comment