Thursday, November 1, 2012

October 2012 Newsletter


Dear Friends and Family, 
    
   I’d like to say right off the bat, sorry that this newsletter is late. I’ve been ridiculously busy. With that said, the Lord is doing a lot right now (isn’t He always?). He’s doing a lot of things in my heart, that’s for sure. Over the past year and a half or so, the Lord has been really speaking to me about the “Renewing of the Mind”. Basically, He’s been really stressing the importance of making sure that my thought life is positive and encouraging towards myself and towards others. This has mainly been strengthened in the area of finance for me. I feel no fear in this area of life because I KNOW that if God wants it to happen, it’ll happen. End of story. But, I’ve been finding that in other areas of my life (the more trivial things) I’m having a really hard time keeping my thoughts positive and trusting towards the Lord. For instance, I have been absolutely terrified about driving. I’ve gotten over that initial “freak out” stage and I’m doing well, but even thinking about doing anything new in driving scares me. I didn’t even think about it until a few days ago that the Lord is King over even the seemingly small things in my life. He is not going to let me die or kill anyone else while I’m driving, as long as I’m listening to Him, and not doing anything stupid, because He’s good and He’s God!  I’ve also been, not stressing, but slightly worried about my school schedule, now that I have a job, and I realize now that as long as I’m being diligent with my time, He’ll make a way, because I know He wanted me to get a job, and I KNOW that He wants me to finish school (with good grades, too!). It’s cool because the there have been 2 men of God that I highly respect, David Sliker and Graham Cooke, who both talked about “Renewing of the Mind” this year! Totally confirming and encouraging. And, of course, I’m missing Ireland like crazy. Every time it’s cloudy and chilly (although the cold there is not so sharp), I just want to go to Ireland right then and there, but alas, I must wait a year, but only a year! Craziness!
     So, onward to other news; my job is LOVELY! I love it so much. The kids are so fun and I’m falling in love with them more and more each time I’m with them. I had been saving up all month for a Macbook Pro and finally ordered it on Friday, but it was coming from New York, so I’m not sure if Hurricane Sandy has delayed it or not, I’ll know if it doesn’t come today. Please continue to pray for the victims of this tragedy and for the volunteer teams going to help! Getting a Macbook was a good investment to me because it’s a reliable computer (I’ve never had a Mac before, always has been PC), and it will be nice to have a reliable computer while I’m doing my DTS (which I’ve mentioned in past newsletters). 
     In Ministry: Our official fund raising for our Thanksgiving Outreach to Round Valley Indian Reservation has begun and we only have 1 more week before our outreach! We will be going to drop off full Thanksgiving meals for 100 families on November 20th, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Any donations of nonperishable food items, especially canned vegetables (corn, green beans, peas, etc), boxed mashed potatoes, canned cranberry sauce, boxed stuffing, and bottled apple cider can be dropped off at Blazing Fire Church in Livermore, Sanctuary Church in Concord, or East Bay Foursquare Church in Danville. We also need to raise about $1000 still for all the perishable food items such as; pies, salad, turkeys, and bread rolls for 100 families of 10-15 people! Please contact us at Singingfeatherministries@gmail.com  or visit our website: Singingfeatherministries.org for more information. Please continue to pray for us while we’re fund raising for this outreach. We usually have a lot of spiritual warfare coming at us while we get ready for this. We will be making a run up to Round Valley before the Thanksgiving outreach to give clothes that we’ve accumulated over the months, as well. Also, as I’ve mentioned before, I am going to be doing my DTS in Rostrevor, Northern Ireland starting approximately in September 2013. This DTS is going to be around $10,000 but since I have a job now, I’ll be able to save about half of that. The other half I will begin to officially support raise for in January. Right now, all I know is that our outreach phase may possibly be in Palestine (if World War III hasn’t broken out, that is. :P). I will let you guys know if any other ministry opportunities come up before or after these 3 things!  I would LOVE to hear from you! Any questions or responses to this newsletter you may have. You can contact me at Illuminatetheworld@hotmail.com

Thanks again!!

1 comment: